Thursday, March 23, 2006

Long Time Coming

Quote/Question/Theory of the day:
"There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune"

Hi - Getting bangag/bored with the Aboys kagabi/kaninang morning
Lo - Right now. Am a bit shleeepiii

This is a bit belated, I've decided on this a long time ago, pero ngayon ko lang mapopost. Why? ... malay ko rin

It's settled. I'm going to UP. Why? I dunno. It almost destined. Now that I think about it, andami na palang signs dati pa lang that almost means that this is where I should be. My outstretched arms, going to UP games, going "go UP" just for the sake of, spending a lot of time there. Even my passing Pisay a few years back cemented my theory. It was meant to be.

Like Bro Cis said, God is always rushing to us, going 99% of the way, and waiting for us to go for even just 1%. I did. Kasi ba naman, forever na kong binibigyan ng opportunities, to be better, to show my potential, to be what I am fully capable of. And almost always decline ako. I just didn't want it. Para bang ndi ko kaya, or not for me, or tamad/matigas lang ang ulo. I want to do things my way, pero ndi pala siya yung the best way. Decline sa COLT, sa intrams, sa pagiging leader. Sige, those made my life easier, pero it was the easy way out. Up to now, I am still haunted by those what ifs, what could have been. Now, no, I won't let this one get away. UP. Oblation Scholar. Tall order, yes, but not impossible.

Like sir Nate said, I don't back down from anyone, or anything. And why not? It's a chance of a lifetime. Plus, it's a new world, a totally different world. Frightening, but exciting. God won't send me to a place to die. He'll send me to places to become better, to become what He wants me to be. And of course, He'll be there every step of the way.

I am at peace.

No comments: