Monday, March 27, 2006

*End of Chapter 2*

Quote/Question/Theory of the day:
"It's never over"

Hi - Graduation. go figure
Lo - not seeing Gabz (Aguila) graduate. its a dam shame...

(This will be a bit emo/long. Read the LJ one for a lighter one)

Haaay... It is done. We have graduated. Four long years. Four long years of blood, sweat, tears and acne oil. Four long years of studying, cramming, meeting, dota/counter/warcraft, YM, lectures, LTs, exams, teachers, lessons, friendship. Four long years in the A section. The honors section. We have endured so much, yet so little. We have endured, and for that we are given this day, this moment. This is our moment.

May secret ako. Wala atang sa class may alam nito, pero alam ata ng dating Campion boys. When I was in grade 7, I said something probably out of fear, out of not enough knowledge. Back then, half jokingly and half serious, I said na "If mapasok ako sa A, paparesection ako" sabay tawa. Yes, back then I was too naive to consider being an Aboy. I didn't want to become one dati. Ayoko maging nerd, inisip ko dati. I was afraid of what I didn't know. And bakit hindi ko tinuloy yung plano ko? That was the only time when my katamaran benefitted me. Tinamad na ko magpa-resection. And I was surprised at what being an Aboy was all about.

In four long years with A2k6... ano nga ba natutunan ko? Be yourself. Be kung ano ka man, at wag kang mahiya. Lahat naman ganun, and lahat naman is willing to take in lahat. Do what you do, at hindi mo kelangan maging plastic. Be open to others and everyone will be open to you. Kung nerdoks ka, ok lang! Kung medyo bobo ka, ok lang! Kung athlete ka, ok lang! Everyone is welcome, and everyone does what he can. That's an Aboy.

From the start pa lang, I wanted to become someone. Someone big, someone who made an impact. I wanted to be great. So I tried to make myself great. COLT, Arnis, acads Wala. Cut sa training, olats sa mga tourney, ndi outstanding sa grades. Then this 4th year, sabi ko "ngyon, I will be recognized. just wait." So todo karir, for the first time. Owning sa Physics at Math, leader sa arnis, make myself known. Then, oblation scholarship pa. Whoa! Instant celebrity! Eto na, I am someone! I have made an impact! Pero come to think of it, I didn't need to be someone big to be respected, to be looked up to. From the start pa lang, I already got the respect. Just clean, straight-up respect. And for giving me that, salamat!

and now, for the thank-yous:
kay bro, for always being there, for supporting me, pushing me, inspiring me
sa A2k6. I love you! Through the good and the bad, sama sama pa rin
to mom and dad, for loving and caring for me, for making me who I am
sa lahat ng nadaanan kong teachers, for touching and teaching me in each and everyway
sa arnis boys, for the uber fun org times :D
sa lahat ng nakilala ko on the way, for broadening my world
kina kari and junbee, for helping me through the late nights and early mornings (or was it just kinukulit nyo lang ako? I forget... :D)
and for each and everyone who made an impact, small or big, in me
*special mention to blogger.com for keeping me sane all this time*
salamat!

This is for all those who believed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BOTH. HAHA.

congrats dude. :D

-kari (tamad mag-login XD)

Anonymous said...

loko toh! wala man lang special mention, bday ko pa naman :P