Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Humble Pie

Quote/Question/Theory of the day:
"If life was perfect, then it would be booooooooring"

First, some normal stuff. Last tutoring na namin kanina. It was... a bit sablay. It summed up the whole tutoring year - crammed the night before, not really exciting, a bit repetitive but you learn a dam lot. And probably last labrep ko na yung kanina. And surprisingly, I did it early. wow... Last community mass na kanina, though wala ng year to year blessings :( oh well

Now the rant. Why in the world did I not get an org achievement award?!? Sure Garde deserved his gold. Ranny really did a lot of work so that would give him a medal too. Migna, well... goes to college training so good shot kay coach... And ako? I train my ass of every single training session. I do whatever coach tells us to do, a whole lot better than everyone else. I can lead, I can follow, I can be an example to all them shorties. I take charge when charge is needed. I don't whine, nor call attention to myself. I just work, period. And I've been doing this for 4 years now, running with Marco and EZ and all the higher echelon peeps. And yet, no love? just a loyalty award? Dahil ba hindi ako sumisipsip o in the limelight? Screw that! Sure, that ain't bad pero puta loyatly lang?!? Thanks for staying for 4 years, ganun?!? Screw that even more. Not even a measly bronze, or a thank you? It's hard to love when you don't feel the love back...

Pero no, I'm not gonna let my pride get the best of me. In these situations, there's two options: rant and cry all you want, or thoughen up and prove yourself. And usually, I take the 2nd choice. I don't back down from challenges. Coach didn't give me a medal kasi he see's that I still have a lot of potential, a lot still in me. Para bang hindi pa lahat nilalabas ko, and tama naman. I still got a lot up my sleeve, and I still got a lot to prove. 1st gen of the gs arnis program, and still just above average. Tama. Show and prove time again. Personal challenge: I will own the dual meet. I'll prove that I'm worth something. The silent worker will be recognized! If not, then I do have a lot to work on. And as always, I won't back down. Again, I'll work my ass of, and then I'll prove myself once more. And this will go on and on until... well, until I have nothing to prove. Meaning, forever to until I become dam good. Count on it! All it takes baby, all it takes.

I'm not asking for a medal or anything, just a chance to rise up

No comments: