Friday, July 11, 2008

On Keeping Strong Ties

This week has been a sort of connecting week for me.

Last Monday, it was back to arnis training for me. This wasn't really new, but I'm one of the laziest trainees there and I took a week off, so that was my first day back. And Because we now have Mondays off instead of Wednesdays, it's Monday training for me. After training, I got to talk with our coach, and I was reminded of... the future.

Last Wednesday, I got to drop by Ateneo. My bro needed to get some stuff from a friend of his, but he's at work so I had to do it. Since I was there, I met up with some of the Aboys as well. It's been a long time since I roamed around Ateneo during class hours, and it's been a long time since I hooked up with my boys. So there, it was a productive afternoon.

Yesterday, I went to Gab's despidida party at Shakey's. He's going to the World Youth Day (week?) next week, and he wanted to get everyone together before he left. Because it was such a momentous occasion, there were people there whom I haven't seen in a long time. Which was opportune, because I've been missing some people lately.

Today, Nikko treated me to halo-halo! He's going abroad for his junior term next week, and he wanted to go out before he went. I haven't seen him since... I don't know, last year?... and it was good to know that he still hasn't changed. Still the crazy long-haired korean lol.

And lastly, this afternoon, I went with a couple of my friends to console our favorite flirty girl. She's in a very trying time in her life for the past few days (and days to come), so we thought that it would be apt to spend a lot more time with her. That's what friends are for, right?

Try it. Connect to people, strengthen your ties. You'd be surprised at how fulfilling it is.

No comments: